"Appearance / Menu" section. Location - "Header home page".
Dark Mode Light Mode

Sudan: Suffering continues due to mass destruction wide caret

Mohamed Refaat, Iom The head of the mission in Sudan, he talked to journalists after returning from the previously inaccessible cartoon situation, which is now returning under control over Sudani Armed Forces (SAF).

The war broke out between SAF and former ally, fast support for support (RSF) in April 2023. years, and civilians continue to bear the Great Violence.

Recent weeks saw intense fights around the capital, Khartoum, which were mostly under RSF control.

‘Untheived’ destruction

Mr. Refaat said that even he was a shocked level of destruction in the city.

“Current stations were robbed; the water pipes were destroyed. And I’m not talking about some areas. I’m talking about where I left,” he said.

Veteran auxiliary assistance served in other conflicts, including Libya and Yemen, “and The level of destruction I saw in Bahri, Khartum, is unthinkable“” He noticed.

“There was aiming not only home houses, but administrative areas, not military areas, but also all basic infrastructure that can maintain lives for people.”

Massive re-investment is needed to make them all who return to Sudanese capital after almost two years of war, he said.

Hears all around

Mr. Refaat described the meeting of Sarah, an older teacher mathematics, unable to escape violence. Her days were “filled with horror”Witnesses losing loved ones, seeing homes destroyed and surrounded by permanent threat of violence and sexual abuse.

Sarah’s decision to stay has launched necessary“” He explained. “As an older woman, it would be dangerous and challenging to go on foot, and she has no transportation.”

In the absence of funding, many NGOs (NGOs) have stopped working or reduced operations. Mr. Refaat insisted that there are many more people like Sarah who did not receive any help.

Financing crisis widespread

Funding was dried (above), but not only from the Member States, but also from the diaspora and charities“He said.

He emphasized that the urgently need more humanitarian funds for medicine, shelter, drinking water, education and health care.

IOM Search $ 250 million This year, about 1.7 million people in Sudan, but is less than 10 percent of funds.

Families on the run

The UN is seriously concerned with the reports that civilians run from the city of Kartoum due to violence and fears from external murders after government forces regained control of the main player, the UN spokesperson of Stéphane Dujarric told On Friday in New York.

During the past week, about 5,000 displaced people, mostly from Khartoum, arrived in Jabrat El Sheikh in the state of northern cordophan, according to the UN UN-help coordination Ocha.

Earth partners said families urgently needed food, pure water, proper shelter and health

“Reports also indicate that others have defeated maps and other areas towards the mind Dukhun, which is located in central Darfur,” Mr. Dujarrić said. The UN and humanitarian partners work on the report check.

Wider trend

The latest movements are part of the broader trend of the shift affected by the conflict affecting several regions in Sudan, including the Blue Nil and the South Kordophan.

The overall situation across the country “remains complex and challenging,” he said, with civilians fleeing their safety in some locations and try to return home in other locations in which basic services are often damaged.

OCHA operates on the achievement of people in the southern Cordophan Capital Kadugli by facilitating the shipping of the humanitarian convoy, which bears food, health and water purification supplies.

However, the convoy remains stopped in Al Obeid, the capital of the northern cord, due to insecurity and bureaucratic obstacles.

Not a target

On Thursday, the Humanitarian Chief Tom Fletcher expressed anger against the report on escalation attacks against the kitchen in the community and safe spaces that love volunteers.

In Post social mediaHe emphasized that the work of these volunteers on the line is vital for people after almost two years of war, emphasizing that humanitarians must be protected and supported, not targeted.

Mr. Dujarrić repeated his message.

“With the risk of sound like a broken record, we reminded the international humanitarian law, they have a legal obligation to enable and facilitate fast, unimportant and impartial humanitarian facilities for civilians, regardless of the location or affiliation of these civilians,” he said.

https://global.unitednations.entermediadb.net/assets/mediadb/services/module/asset/downloads/preset/Libraries/Production%20Library/12-11-2024-UNICEF-Sudan.jpg/image770x420cropped.jpg

2025-04-04 12:00:00

Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

By pressing the Subscribe button, you confirm that you have read and are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
Add a comment Add a comment

Leave a Reply

Previous Post
League of Womens Nations Defeat for Scotland and Wales as

League of Women's Nations: Defeat for Scotland and Wales as a Republic of Ireland Greece with Northern Ireland

Next Post
tiktok building

China stops Tiktok tariff transactions: Report